Sunday 7 February 2016

Things I love in India

Here are some of the things I love about India

I find it easy to do yoga every morning here

It's cool at dawn























The air is cool and sounds of birds and temple chanting surround me.  It's a good start to my busy days.  This morning Katy from B.C. joined me on the roof.  She has just arrived with 3 UBC students  for their placement. 

TEA TIME
Dig the wheelchair!

Around 11am and 4 pm every day this man does the rounds serving tea to every one.  The tea is what we would call Chai Latte.  A hot ,spicy, sweet tea made with lots of milk served in 3oz cups.  So civilized ...




















INGENUITY
Some of the "differently abled" staff have adapted scooters .  This is my favorite because he can ride in his wheelchair , crossleged.

The wheel chair is chained to the front and someone lifts the ramp or lowers it for him.




 Amar Seva Sangham truly is a remarkable place; empowering people despite the odds against them, in the "sea of humanity ", that is India.


The roof is calling. This time for stargazing ....
Namaste,







2 comments: