Wednesday 2 March 2016

Saying Goodbye



Leaving Amar Seva Sangham was difficult; bitter-sweet . Wanting to stay and to go home to be with my family.  Reminding myself that change is everywhere, impermanence is to be celebrated,  it allows for new possibilities...
 I found it difficult to leave the people I had shared my time with as well as my knowledge and goals.  I learned so much from them all... The students, the clients, the staff and my room mate  all had quickly made their way into my lives and my heart.  I could not imagine being on vacation alone at light house beach,  doing yoga and shopping!  Besides so many things were unfinished; my students were not finished their placements,  there was a poster to work on,  not all my seating  interventions were complete...  Maybe I should cancel the vacation... No,  maybe I should just "come again". I will return!
I received many thanks, gifts  and invitations to return ....

An unexpected gift from ASSA (framed art)
The Doctor and Head of rehab ,Ram presented me with a gift.  They had so many nice things to say...  
Muttu Kumar will be continuing with the pressure mapping system.

Saying goodbye to the clients from the spinal cord unit     







The girls took me out for diner on our last night and offered me gifts and henna....After I had made them work so hard on their projects...
Ai-vi and Sitara doing their art!
My new room at Merigold mini house, in Kovalem.  The sound of waves fills the room,  the view is superb.  I can get used to this .... I am still in touch with ASSA daily thru the internet. It's a transition.... towards the west, towards Canada.      

  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment